[llvm-dev] llvm-mc-[dis]assemble-fuzzer status?

Justin Bogner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 29 10:15:50 PDT 2017

Kostya Serebryany <kcc at google.com> writes:
> On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 8:51 AM, Daniel Sanders <daniel_l_sanders at apple.com> wrote:
>> On 23 Aug 2017, at 00:21, George Karpenkov via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>>> I have tried to compile llvm-mc-assemble-fuzzer, and
>>> llvm-mc-disassemble-fuzzer, and I couldn’t build either of those.
>>> For the first one, the reason is that it refers to a nonexistent
>>> enum,
>>> Are those libraries maintained and/or used?
>>
>> I haven't used it for quite a while now. My original motivator was the
>> Mips assembler/disassembler being very buggy. I was using it to find
>> crashes and generate interesting test cases for round-trip testing of the
>> assembler/disassembler. Since then, the Mips MC layer has become much more
>> stable and I've also changed jobs.
>>
>> That said, I'd like to set up a bot to make use of these tools,
>
> As soon as these fuzz targets build, don't immediately crash, and have
> someone who cares about them, I can add them to OSS-Fuzz for automated
> continuous fuzzing.

These both compile and run again as of r312011, though I suspect they'll
need some small changes to play well in OSS Fuzz and the like. They use
an approach to command line arguments that won't work for features like
-merge or parallel fuzzing (they could pretty easily be updated to use
"-ignore_remaining_args=1" like llvm-isel-fuzzer does though).