[llvm-dev] JIT Optimization Levels

hameeza ahmed via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 24 00:21:21 PDT 2017

Hello,
there are several optimization levels in lli like O0, O1, O2, O3. What does
they mean? how the run time optimization is performed in LLVM JIT?

I am working on a project where my goal is to study the impact of lli
optimizations. here my IR is already optimized through opt. now i have to
perform lli optimizations provided i am giving varying inputs at run time.
so i suppose here my optimization level also depends on runtime input. like,
i am using following command.

time lli -O3 sum-vec03.ll  5 2

also after acquiring the execution time at different scenarios i plan to
use some machine learning algorithm in order to predict the appropriate
flag setting for given program and run time input.

Please help. Does this look appropriate approach? is my methodology correct?

Thank You