[llvm-dev] Linker error with libllvm 4.0 on Debian Stretch ARM

Stéphane Letz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 23 03:17:53 PDT 2017

Hi,

We have the following kind of error compiling our code which link to LLVM (using precompiled LLVM libraries for this Debian Stretch ARM)

=================

Errors:

generator/llvm/llvm_code_container.o:(.data.rel.ro._ZTIN4llvm8FCmpInstE[_ZTIN4llvm8FCmpInstE]+0x8): undefined reference to `typeinfo for llvm::CmpInst'
generator/llvm/llvm_code_container.o:(.data.rel.ro._ZTIN4llvm10SelectInstE[_ZTIN4llvm10SelectInstE]+0x8): undefined reference to `typeinfo for llvm::Instruction'
generator/llvm/llvm_dsp_aux.o:(.data.rel.ro._ZTI16FaustObjectCache[_ZTI16FaustObjectCache]+0x8): undefined reference to `typeinfo for llvm::ObjectCache'
clang-4.0: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Caused by the following "line »:

I read the thread here, http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2016-February/095654.html, but still not see what has to be done

- any compilation flags we have to set in our link step?

- any additional code we have to add to fix the missing symbols?

Thanks

Stéphane Letz