[llvm-dev] llvm-mc-[dis]assemble-fuzzer status?

Brian Cain via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 22 16:35:36 PDT 2017

George,

Thanks for doing the work to move libFuzzer to compiler-rt.

I probably touched these more recently than most and either didn't deliver
a complete patch or it's rotted since then.  In any case I haven't gotten a
chance to leverage it.  But I'd like the idea of it arriving intact in the
move to compiler-rt.  If I'm able to get it back and running by the end of
the week, would that be adequate?

Regarding a buildbot -- I think that makes sense.  I naively assumed that
it would be a part of the default build set for the "all" target when
building llvm.  I figured that if there were ever any regression, that I or
some other owner would be notified.

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 6:21 PM, George Karpenkov via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As a part of a recent move of libFuzzer from LLVM to compiler-rt I am
> looking into updating the build code
> for the libraries which use libFuzzer.
>
> I have tried to compile llvm-mc-assemble-fuzzer, and
> llvm-mc-disassemble-fuzzer, and I couldn’t build either of those.
> For the first one, the reason is that it refers to a nonexistent enum,
> and for the second one I believe the reason is that it does not enclose
> LLVMFuzzerTestOneInput in “extern ‘C’”.
>
> Are those libraries maintained and/or used?
>
> If yes, the code should be compilable, and ideally there should be a
> buildbot.
> If no, maybe we should remove it, or move it to a separate repository.
>
> Thanks,
> George
>
> (sorry for starting multiple threads, I believe this way it is more
> convenient to keep track of tasks)

-Brian