[llvm-dev] llvm-mc-[dis]assemble-fuzzer status?

Kostya Serebryany via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 22 16:34:29 PDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 4:21 PM, George Karpenkov <ekarpenkov at apple.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As a part of a recent move of libFuzzer from LLVM to compiler-rt I am
> looking into updating the build code
> for the libraries which use libFuzzer.
>
> I have tried to compile llvm-mc-assemble-fuzzer, and
> llvm-mc-disassemble-fuzzer, and I couldn’t build either of those.
> For the first one, the reason is that it refers to a nonexistent enum,
> and for the second one I believe the reason is that it does not enclose
> LLVMFuzzerTestOneInput in “extern ‘C’”.
>
> Are those libraries maintained and/or used?
>
> If yes, the code should be compilable, and ideally there should be a
> buildbot.

"there should be a buildbot" is actually two different questions.
1. There should be a bot that builds the fuzz targets and runs them on a
fixed set of inputs to ensure they don't bit-rot (and to use them as
regression tests).
This will require us to tweak the cmake machinery to allow building fuzz
target with regular flags (no coverage).
2. There should also be a bot that actually runs continuous fuzzing.
Our buildbots are not suitable for this, so I was planing to add the llvm
fuzzers to OSS-Fuzz (https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz)
We already run the cxa_demangler fuzzer there with quite a bit of success.

I hope Daniel can answer the other questions.