[llvm-dev] [RFC] Enhance Partial Inliner by using a general outlining scheme for cold blocks

Graham Yiu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 16 10:05:01 PDT 2017

Hi Adrian,

That's a good question, I haven't looked into the effect on debug
information, but I imagine it won't be any different from what the partial
inliner does today (David Li might be able to answer that question better
than I).  There's existing utilities that do the code extraction for
outlining, so I'll need to look into that code to see if it also modifies
debug information.

Cheers,

Graham Yiu
LLVM Compiler Development
IBM Toronto Software Lab
Office: (905) 413-4077      C2-707/8200/Markham
Email: gyiu at ca.ibm.com