[llvm-dev] LoopVectorize - determine the bounds of the original loop

Alex Susu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 16 06:27:37 PDT 2017

   Hello.
     Is there an easy way to obtain in the LoopVectorize module the upper and lower bounds
of the loop being vectorized - I wasn't really able to find in the original code of
LoopVectorize code calculating these bounds, although I know this module quite well and I
am wondering if maybe they are already computed. (I put a similar question at
http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2016-August/103988.html ) .

     I have to admit I don't know well the ScalarEvolution class but I think I can also
use ScalarEvolution's getUnsignedRangeMax() and getUnsignedRangeMin(), but these are newer
methods added to ScalarEvolution in the last months and I normally work on an older LLVM
trunk.

     Any help would be appreciated.

   Thank you,
     Alex