[llvm-dev] Heroic LLVM optimizations

renau@uncore.io via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 15 15:15:29 PDT 2017

  I am a professor at UC Santa Cruz, but I also do consulting a Huawei.
Chris Lattner told me that I should post
this in the llvm-dev.

  HiSilicon (Santa Clara office) is looking for some developer capable of
implementing the "heroic optimizations"
(http://llvm.org/devmtg/2015-10/slides/Gerolf-PerformanceImprovementsAndHeadroom.pdf)
in LLVM. Focus on SPEC2006 but also looking at the new SPEC2017.

  The goal is to match, or get closer, to the Intel compiler with
SPEC2006. ICC has a significant advantage. As the talk shows, there is
over 10x diff in libquantum,
and other benchmarks have also significant difference between latest
gcc/llvm and ICC.

  Send me an email with your CV or questions if you want a full time job
working on this (open source) and helping with
other compiler optimizations for future ARMv8 servers. Something like
50% of the time open source LLVM, 50% in new
compiler/JIT opts for future arm server.

---
Jose Renau
UNCORE LLC