[llvm-dev] Detect auto vectorization in LLVM IR

Yihan Pang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 7 09:01:25 PDT 2017

Hi All,

Is there an easy way to detect whether auto vectorization had happened
in the IR level. Currently, I am trying to modify SIMD width at IR
level (changing from <8 *float > to <4 *float> etc). However, I am
having hard time to detect the exact basic block that is used for
vector.body. For now I am using more a worse method that detecting
instruction pattern that existed in the vector.body of my IR which i
am certain will not be able to apply to broader cases.

Best,
Yihan