[llvm-dev] llvm-dev Digest, Vol 158, Issue 27

Michael Clark via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 4 20:48:27 PDT 2017

> On 5 Aug 2017, at 2:25 PM, via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

>>> I think you need to copy them, not move them.
>> On a new directories and fresh untar of musl, I don't think there's a difference
>
> I was assuming you'd want to build it from the same sources later...

Copying the includes directory is not sufficient for musl as the musl build system assembles the arch specific bits directories from arch/${ARCH} and it constructs the syscalls.h headers at built time. It uses the ${ARCH} variable to meld directories together in the install target and there should be a valid config.mak or ARCH=aarch64 should be passed on the make command line.

To make the header directory install to ${SYSROOT}/usr/include you need to do something like this:

  cd musl
  echo ARCH=aarch64 > config.mak
  echo prefix=/usr >> config.mak
  make DESTDIR=${SYSROOT} install-headers

You can build and install only the static libs like this:

  make DESTDIR=${SYSROOT} SHARED_LIBS= install-libs

You can build and install the dynamic and static libs like this:

  make DESTDIR=${SYSROOT} install-libs