[llvm-dev] Why LLVM doesn't have debug information of function right parentheses?

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 3 08:21:49 PDT 2017

Interesting.  I'd have thought the front end could generate the
return-value expression with the source location of the expression,
and the return instruction itself with source location of the closing
brace.  Then it would automatically apply to all targets (and all
debug-info formats).

Or, if that distinction got lost during some optimization, the
separate source location could be attached during instruction
selection?  Hopefully that could also be done in a target-neutral
way.
--paulr