[llvm-dev] [RFC] Shrink-wrapping improvement

Francis Visoiu Mistrih via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 2 17:26:32 PDT 2017

Also, I would like to add some more things:

* There is some more interest in this: http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2017-May/112623.html

* The current shrink-wrapping implementation is very compile-time efficient and caught many opportunities so far. Since there have been sightings that there is more performance potential, one of the main goals of my internship was to explore the remaining performance headroom.

* I am looking for a way to have a mix between the current and the new implementation, or some kind of fallback on the old one when the new one does too much / not enough, or when things like code-size matter more.

* While it's the end of my internship, I plan to continue working on this and keeping track of the patches until it becomes good enough.

Cheers,

--
Francis Visoiu Mistrih