[llvm-dev] can llvm-lit pass output of one RUN command as an argument to another RUN command

Matthias Braun via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Aug 2 16:28:23 PDT 2017

lit run lines are written in posix shell. However as you suspect the situation on windows is special, lit comes with its own shell parser/interpreter which doesn't support the full range of posix shell features. Glancing at the code in llvm/utils/lit/lit/ShUtils.sh I don't see anything supporting command substitution.

- Matthias