[llvm-dev] LLVM Optimizations strange behavior/bug

Garba Peter via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Apr 23 02:59:51 PDT 2017

What you see here is a 1:1 translation of RISC-V assembler code into  C code.

It may contain some obfuscations like shifting by negative amount but this I why I use compiler optimization to remove such patterns.
But with the provided sample clang/llvm seems to be too optimistic  with optimizations compare to GCC and CL and I really would like to
get this one fixed to use the output LLVM IR for further optimization on the optimized code and get the same behavior as the other compilers.

Thanks,
Peter