[llvm-dev] Permissions for llvm-mirror - Setting up Libc++ Appveyor builders

Mike Edwards via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 21 06:56:08 PDT 2017

Hi,
Fragmentation of the bots is not ideal.  While I totally understand Eric's
reasoning for doing so, and am delighted to see  another Windows bot
helping to ensure quality code, I think this is a bit of a slippery slope.
We already have the main Buildbots, Green Dragon, Chapuni's Bots, a myriad
of private bots and now this new bot.  I don't think it is reasonable to
ask people to have to visit several different places to check if their
commit broke something.  Anecdotally, I find many people will only look at
lab.llvm.org:8011.  They will check Green Dragon if they get an email and
then only if the email does not get lost in the noise.  Some folks are
regular users of bb.pgr.jp but the actual number or regular visitors I
don't know.

Perhaps it would be a more beneficial discussion to talk about putting
together some type of portal which displays results from all the CI systems
in one place?  I for one would love an interface which would be able to
show any given commit and how is has performed across the board.  Something
like this could possibly allow for anyone to stand up a bot or CI
infrastructure of their choosing and then have that system integrated in a
common reporting platform so it is useful and accessible to everyone.

Thoughts?

-Mike