[llvm-dev] LLVM pre-built installer package for windows

Paul Hancock via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 17 15:59:04 PDT 2017

I know static linking is the desired/standard option for using LLVM, it's the same for the ubuntu/debian packages (about 400MB in usr/lib/llvm-4.0). I'm just wondering why there isn't a install package for windows where we already have clang, which would require the library to be built for windows anyway...

I definitely didn't mean dynamic linking as with a library like this you cant exactly change the library version without altering some of the using code anyway, making dynamic use mostly pointless...

- Paul