[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] RFC: Plan for removing components from namespace std::experimental

Dimitry Andric via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 10 14:48:13 PDT 2017

Yes, this seems a good idea.  I think it is already clear enough that the experimental headers can't be relied upon for any long term, so having a specific cutoff date in there is good.  Maybe even mention it in the respective headers?

That said, on FreeBSD I didn't get any requests for adding the libc++experimental dynamic library, so I have simply omitted it.  Therefore, at least on FreeBSD there are no users of these features, so they won't be able to miss them either. :-)

-Dimitry