[llvm-dev] Should ValueTracking::GetUnderlyingObject stop on Alloca instructions rather than calling SimplifyInstruction?

Craig Topper via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 7 13:25:20 PDT 2017

I notice that GetUnderlyingObject has a few checks, but alloca isn't one of
them. Then it fall backs to SimplifyInstruction which doesn't know about
alloca so falls back to just trying to constant fold it. This seems a
little silly since I assume alloca can't be constant folded. Should we just
detect this early in GetUnderlyingObject and stop?

~Craig