[llvm-dev] compiler-rt builtin library in ppc64le architecture

Roberto Oliveira via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 7 07:17:04 PDT 2017

Hi,

I'm building compiler-rt in a ppc64le machine and it is generating the
sanitizers fine but it is not generating the builtin library. I tried to
compile it in a x86_64 machine and I got the builtin library generated
(libclang_rt.builtins-x86_64.a).

Taking a look in a cmake config file from compiler-rt, I saw that ppc64
is not in the supported architecture list to generate the builtin library:

set(ALL_BUILTIN_SUPPORTED_ARCH ${X86} ${X86_64} ${ARM32} ${ARM64}
     ${MIPS32} ${MIPS64} ${WASM32} ${WASM64})

But in compiler-rt webpage (https://compiler-rt.llvm.org/), under
"Platform Support", says:

"builtins is known to work on the following platforms:
- Machine Architectures: i386, X86-64, SPARC64, ARM, PowerPC, PowerPC 64."

Shouldn't the builtin library be built in ppc64 or I am missing something?

Thanks,
Roberto Oliveira