[llvm-dev] How to get RegionInfo analysis result in a module pass

Tobias Grosser via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 20 10:17:03 PDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016, at 06:36 PM, Minghwa Wang via llvm-dev wrote:
> I'd like to get all functions' RegionInfo analysis results in an llvm
> module pass, but there seems no example code in llvm.
>
> Is anyone know how to do this?

In general, getting information from a FunctionPass analysis from a
module pass is difficult with the current (legacy) pass manager.
However, Chandler's new pass manager should allow you to obtain this
information easily. Hence, I would suggest to look into the design of
the new pass manager and consider using it together with the
RegionPasse.

Best,
Tobias