[llvm-dev] How a module pass can use analysis information?

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 20 09:48:31 PDT 2016

Using the legacy pass manager, it is generally not possible to use
lower-level passes (The only exception is that module passes can use
function passes using `getOnTheFlyPass`).

You can still create your own pass manager hierachy. An example is here:
http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/polly/trunk/lib/CodeGen/CodegenCleanup.cpp?revision=274595&view=markup

You need to create a whole stack of pass managers. Unfortunately I
don't know how to reuse the dependent analyses from the 'main' pass
manager stack (eg. TargetLibraryInfoWrapperPass)

Michael