[llvm-dev] scheduler options documentation?

Matthias Braun via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 12 11:26:49 PDT 2016

I think those should be considered internal options for (llvm codegen) developers, a normal compiler user should not need to use any of them. Of course you can look around the llvm sourcecode (esp. in lib/CodeGen/MachineScheduler.cpp) and see what cl::opt options are available and how they affect the scheduler operation.

In case of the MachineScheduler all settings are the same regardless of the optimisation level, however the MachineScheduler is disabled as a whole in TargetPassConfig.cpp when optimized regalloc is not enabled (which I believe happens for everything except -O0).

- Matthias