[llvm-dev] Receiving LLVM Error in Custom Backend

Ryan Taylor via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 9 10:11:03 PDT 2016

The DAG pattern is not represented in table-gen, that's what the error is
telling you. During the DAG selection phase, the DAG pattern is not
represented anywhere in table-gen so it's unable to move further in the
flow... and produces an error.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do exactly but try to represent this
pattern in table-gen. If the arch doesn't support the pattern, then you
might have to something with it in the DAG.

You should be able to see this if you do something like: llc
-view-isel-dags yourfile.ll  (and you have vizgraph, etc.. setup). This
will show the DAG just before ISel phase.

-Ryan