[llvm-dev] compiler-rt for arm-none-eabi targets

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 9 08:49:44 PDT 2016

On 9 September 2016 at 16:07, Abe Clements via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Can anyone give me some pointers on how to go about doing this.  I'm
> currently doing a combined build of llvm, clang and compiler-rt for both X86
> and ARM targets.   I am building on ubuntu 14.04, with latest prebuilt llvm
> binaries(3.9) and latest cmake.  My cmake shows that only the X86_64 and
> i386 architectures are supported for building compilter-rt.

Hi Abe,

Support for cross compiling RT is precarious. There were some attempts
in the past, but not very successful, so I normally just build
natively.

Chris B (CC'd) is working on that part for Darwin / ARM [1], but we
should also get something working for Linux (if that's what you need).
As soon as his integration work finishes we can try some magic on our
side.

If you could try his new scheme (using runtime dir instead of
projects), it may make the process smoother later on. Also, feel free
to pick up on the task, if that interests you, as I'll only have time
to look at that in a few months from now...

I'm also copying Saleem and Jon that have worked around this topic
more than I did, and can help with more info.

cheers,
--renato

[1] http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2016-August/104174.html