[llvm-dev] [RFC] One or many git repositories?

Alexandre Isoard via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 9 07:48:04 PDT 2016

I have some clue. Clang started as a "side"-project to LLVM and it was easy
to grow as a symbiote in the build system of LLVM.

To stay on topic, I have one complaint about the single repository and it
is that it might slow down efforts to separate all those project into
independent build systems. For example, clang-extra-tools still require to
be built into clang (probably for the same reason as above).

I have no idea how to setup the build system of a tool that would require
libclang. I never found any pkgconfig nor clang-config utilities for that.
Is there any reason?

--
*Alexandre Isoard*