[llvm-dev] DSA scalar map question

fee via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 6 12:38:00 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I understand that a DSNode in a DSGraph represents a possible infinite set of meomry objects and if a memory objects contains a pointer to another memory object, this is reflected in the graph as an
arrow between DSNodes. However, I am not sure what the relation between a scalar value and a DSNode is. The DSScalarMap maps values (insructions?) to DSNodes. Does this mean every instruction that
uses a pointer to a memory object is mapped to a DSNode? Or what is the relation between scalar values and DSNodes?

Thanks.

-Fredi