[llvm-dev] Problem with "[SimplifyCFG] Handle tail-sinking of more than 2 incoming branches"

Marcello Maggioni via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 2 14:40:46 PDT 2016

Probably the issue is solvable in some Codegen prepare pass.

That said I still believe some kind of control on if we would like to implement this or not could be useful.

Just a question. Why implementing it in SimplifyCFG and not as a separate pass like JumpThreading or something like that? The transformation itself doesn’t seem to fit much in SimplifyCFG.