[llvm-dev] LLD: creating linker-generated sections as input sections instead of output sections

Rui Ueyama via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 21 15:22:26 PDT 2016

I tried but couldn't create a satisfactory change. Currently all the code
depend on the fact that all ELFT-typed input sections are backed by actual
files. We need to relax it, but in the end I had to modify too many places,
so I abandoned that change. I don't want to make the class hierarchy too
deep, so maybe we should move more functionality to the base class. We
might also want to make some functions in InputSections virtual, but I'm
not sure about that yet.

I don't have time to work on it for a few days, so if you want to do it,
please go ahead to try.