[llvm-dev] BoF: Shipping Software as LLVM IR (@Upcoming Dev Mtg)

Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Oct 16 07:54:28 PDT 2016

On 14 October 2016 at 19:32, Will Dietz via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> (Some background to explain why we’re interested in this topic.)
> ALLVM: We have a project in our group exploring the benefits of shipping
> *all* software on a system as IR.  We are building a prototype ALLVM system
> that makes it relatively easy to package and ship software in this way.
> We are researching the benefits this could provide for performance and
> for general software development.  We aim to make the ALLVM prototype
> available in open source form to enable other groups to explore these goals.
> Contact us off-list if you’d like to learn more about the ALLVM project.

Hi Will, is the focus of this BoF on shipping current target-dependent
LLVM IR or does it also encompass proposals for a more target-agnostic
format such as that proposed on PNaCl (and perhaps you're proposing
something similar in allvm - I saw the hVISC poster in the PACT
proceedings)?

Thanks,

Alex