[llvm-dev] GitHub Survey?

Duncan P. N. Exon Smith via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 13 16:52:47 PDT 2016

> On 2016-Oct-13, at 14:54, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> wrote:
>
> On 13 October 2016 at 22:51, Duncan P. N. Exon Smith
> <dexonsmith at apple.com> wrote:
>> To pick the nit, "cross-repo" is not correct for monorepo.  It's only cross-project.
>
> Reworded, thanks!
>
> Btw, can you actually see my changes?
>
> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc2PBeHW-meULpCOpmbGK1yb2qX8yzcQBtT4nqNF05vSv69WA/viewform

I'm way behind on the thread.  I'll catch up in a moment to see if there's anything to respond to (maybe about changes you didn't take).

Great to have the links to the sections of the proposal throughout the survey.  That's really useful!

Looking at the current survey as of 16h46 on Oct 13th, two comments on the questions that are there:

> How important is it to have multiple projects in one repository (for example, bisecting problems, code archaeology, etc)?

^ I think that should be required.

> Do you believe the LLVM project would be better with a main Git repository, or keeping it in SVN would still be better? *

You're missing an opinion I've heard frequently cited:
- All our usage is already in Git, but the main repository being in SVN is a huge benefit (for whatever reasons).