[llvm-dev] GitHub Survey?

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 13 11:36:00 PDT 2016

On 13 October 2016 at 19:09, Mehdi Amini <mehdi.amini at apple.com> wrote:
> When I reach a commit that moved the function, I switch file, but continue
> *from the same commit*. This is only possible in the same repository.

Due to their physical separation, I don't think people have been
moving code between projects in that manner.

If we keep the separation (sub-mods), is it possible to move files
between sub-modules?

If we do mono-repo, then the problem goes away.

> Another thing I use daily is finding “when was this added”, using git
> “pickaxe” (git log S ….). Which again works only inside a repository.

Uh, that looks nice. Can you share your alias? :)

cheers,
--renato