[llvm-dev] Adding utility/debugging passes upstream

Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 10 00:57:33 PDT 2016

On 6 October 2016 at 16:06, Anna Thomas via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I’m interpreting this as neutral/no objections to committing in-tree :)
>
> If thats the case, we’ll continue the review on llvm-commits itself, and
> check-in code upstream.

I'll raise my hand as enthusiastically positive about adding
utility/debugging passes. The whole point of LLVM is to act as a
shared infrastructure - if there are passes for debugging/analysis
that help you and they may be generally useful to others, I think
there's great benefit in pushing them upstream.

Best,

Alex