[llvm-dev] Semantics of MachineInstr::findRegisterUseOperandIdx

Quentin Colombet via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 4 15:35:19 PDT 2016

Hi Fraser,

I think we want stick to being explicit about what the method does:
- No TRI, whole Reg
- TRI, Reg or super Reg
I.e., no magic aliases check unless we asked for.

You are right that we miss the any part of Reg option here. If adding an Overlap flag like we have for the Defs works for you, I would say, that’s the way to go.

I am surprised we didn’t need it sooner.

Cheers,
-Quentin