[llvm-dev] Software tools development opportunity at Qualcomm in Austin

Mario Guerra via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 4 10:08:44 PDT 2016

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a developer to join my team in Austin to help develop linker
back ends for ARM and AArch64. Given that this is the LLVM dev list, I want
to be clear that the work involves close collaboration with our internal
LLVM teams so LLVM experience is a definite plus,  but it does not involve
direct development on LLVM.

I'm ideally looking for someone with direct relevant experience, but I would
consider someone with a solid background in C/C++ development and a
willingness to learn about linkers. Other interesting experience would
include virtual machine development, linux kernel development, or any other
development that requires a working knowledge of relocation types, fixups,
and memory layout.

The job description is included below, if you or someone you know might be
interested, please send your resume to me directly at
<mailto:mariog at quicinc.com> mariog at quicinc.com.

Thanks,

Mario

Job Title

	Software Development Tools Engineer - ARM and Hexagon

Post Date

	09/27/2016

Company

	 <http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/quicinc> Qualcomm
Innovation Center

Job Area

	Engineering - Software

Location

	Texas - Austin

Job Overview

	We are looking for the right person to join our software tools
development team for Qualcomms next-generation processors. Our focus is
ongoing development of a high performance tool chain used to build the code
that drives Qualcomms various modem and applications processor technologies.
The right candidate will work on an optimizing linker for multiple targets,
with a focus on developing a linker back end for ARM 32- and 64-bit targets.
Responsibilities:

*  Work as part of a small team to design, develop, and deliver new features
on a proprietary linker used for Qualcomms embedded projects

*  Fix bugs in existing code as needed

*  Coordinate with internal remote ARM LLVM compiler team to: oEstablish and
maintain an ARM test framework in Austin oAssist with internal customer
issue triage and resolution o Deliver features in timeframe necessary to
meet release commitments

*  Communicate with internal customers to understand needs and gather
requirements.

Minimum Qualifications

	5+ years of experience in the following areas are required:

*  Software development experience programming in C/C++, Python

*  Experience with ARM/AArch64 ISA, preferably direct experience with
software tools development

Preferred Qualifications

	Preferred skills:

*  Knowledge of embedded systems

*  Ability to work independently as well as within a team

*  Experience with modern software development practices and methodologies

*  Experience with building Android

*  Experience with ARM on-target debug

*  Solid understanding of the ELF file format

*  Solid understanding of linkers and linker-related concepts:

oSymbol resolution oRelocations/Fixups oDynamic loading/linking

oString merging

oGarbage collection

oLinker scripts / scatter load files

Preference given to candidates with experience working with LLVM and related
tools, as well as experience developing software for use on both Windows and
Linux.

Education Requirements

	Bachelors in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering required
Masters in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering preferred

Keywords

	LLVM, linker, binutils, software developer