[llvm-dev] ThinLTO: module-scope inline assembly blocks

Johan Engelen via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 3 07:42:26 PDT 2016

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 6:53 AM, Johan Engelen via llvm-dev <
> llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>   I am trying to add ThinLTO to the LDC compiler. It seems to work well
>> on Mac (XCode 8) and Ubuntu (ld.gold + LLVMgold plugin).
>> However, I am running into trouble with module-scope inline assembly
>> blocks.
>>

> Are you adding the support using the new LTO API or using the libLTO C
> interfaces?

Perhaps I don't fully understand, but I think the answer is: neither :)
What I do is output the module as bitcode with the module summary index
added (`llvm::WriteBitcodeToFile`, summary index created with
`llvm::ModuleSummaryIndexBuilder`). This is then passed to the system
linker. The problems arise with ld.gold + LLVMgold plugin. I am using LLVM
3.9.0.