[llvm-dev] LLVM Stable

Brooks Moses via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 24 23:48:02 PST 2016

And "thank you" to Philip and Alexandre for commenting on this.  It's
useful to hear that this is indeed something that matters to the LLVM
community and isn't just a pointless checkbox for us to tick when we do an
internal release.  (And I'd be interested to hear from other people that
use the tags, as well.)

My apologies for the stall in updates.  I'm the person responsible for
Google's internal compiler-release infrastructure, and in the couple of
times I've also been the actual "button-pusher" for the LLVM release
recently, I neglected to ask someone with commit access to tag the branch.
Mea culpa, and I'll work on making sure that happens correctly in the
future.

- Brooks