[llvm-dev] add_library cannot create target "LLVMTarget" because an imported target with the same name already exists.

Simone Atzeni via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Nov 20 14:00:57 PST 2016

Hi,

I am trying to make my pass compiling inside the LLVM tree or outside.
It works when I include my pass inside the tools folder, however when I try to compile it outside the LLVM tree I get the following error:

"add_library cannot create target "LLVMTarget" because an imported target with the same name already exists.”

It happens when I’ve already compiled and installed my target from within LLVM.

I was wondering if there is a way to ignore that and just overwrite the target.

Thanks.
Best,
Simone