[llvm-dev] what does -ffp-contract=fast allow?

Finkel, Hal J. via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 17 17:03:44 PST 2016

On Nov 17, 2016 5:53 PM, Mehdi Amini <mehdi.amini at apple.com<mailto:mehdi.amini at apple.com>> wrote:

>> On Nov 17, 2016, at 4:33 PM, Hal Finkel <hfinkel at anl.gov<mailto:hfinkel at anl.gov>> wrote:
>>

>> ________________________________

I think that the relevant question is: Is the contracted form more precise for all inputs (or the same precision as the original)? If so, then this should be allowed with just fp-contract+no-inf. Otherwise, more is required.

-Hal

>>> https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-6.2.0/gcc/Optimize-Options.html#Optimize-Options