[llvm-dev] Non-determinism in LLVM codegen

Grang, Mandeep Singh via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 16 17:56:13 PST 2016

Thanks for the suggestions!

We can do this on LLVM_ENABLE_ABI_BREAKING_CHECKS but we would still need to provide the user the capability to toggle the behavior via flag, right?
Otherwise debugging issues would be difficult if reverse iteration cannot be turned ON/OFF dynamically.

< It would be possible to base this on LLVM_ENABLE_ABI_BREAKING_CHECKS instead of NDEBUG (there's a CMake option to control this).
< - Asserts builds -DLLVM_ENABLE_ABI_BREAKING_CHECKS by default.
< - No-asserts builds -ULLVM_ENABLE_ABI_BREAKING_CHECKS by default.
< - Clients that mix-and-match Asserts/No-asserts can pick one or the other.

--Mandeep

On 11/15/2016 5:08 PM, Duncan P. N. Exon Smith wrote:
>> On 2016-Nov-15, at 15:16, Hal Finkel <hfinkel at anl.gov> wrote:

>>> 2. Between Release vs Release+Asserts toolchains

>>> https://reviews.llvm.org/D26705