[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Clang 3.8 can't compile libunwind 3.9

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 16 02:45:47 PST 2016

On 16 November 2016 at 10:42, Joerg Sonnenberger via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> It is an API change. It doesn't involve the ABI.

Right, that's what I meant, sorry.

Just to make sure we're on the same page...

If we treat this as an acceptable API change, we'll have to document.
This will force people to bootstrap Clang (if using pre-3.9 for stage
one), and only compile libunwind on stage 2.

If we try to fix, there should be some #ifdef clang < 3.9 #define
_URC_OK 0 #endif in the personality routine, or something similar.

Unless there's a better fix...

--renato