[llvm-dev] Non-determinism in LLVM codegen

Hal Finkel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 15 15:16:20 PST 2016

----- Original Message -----

Great, thanks for working on this! Unfortunately, you did not subscribe llvm-commits when you created these, so the list did not receive the customary notification. Please re-post these subscribing llvm-commits so that we all get the notification.

> Here are the next steps which I would like to do:
> 1. Replicate this patch for other containers (like DenseMap)
> 2. Somehow enable reverse iteration in the lit framework for all
> tests so that we can uncover these issues quickly

I'm not sure there is a good way of doing this, but we could certainly have a build mode which does this (and a buildbot running with that mode). I suspect we don't want to do this based on NDEBUG anyway to avoid ODR problems from external client code.

 -Hal

> Please feel free to review my patch for reverse iteration. I would
> welcome comments/suggestions for improving/extending the patch and
> enabling it in lit.
>
> Thanks,
> Mandeep

Hal Finkel