[llvm-dev] BoF: Debug info for optimized code.

Krzysztof Parzyszek via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 2 08:14:38 PDT 2016

Hi Martin,
Yes, the patch only changes the format of line information.  There will
be more work needed for fully implementing it across all tools.
Here your concern still stands---more focus on debug information for
VLIW architectures would be welcome.  I was only pointing out that the
necessary capacity of the debug information to carry this data does in
fact exist, and that at least one step for getting it into LLVM has been
attempted (the patch was reverted shortly after commit).

-Krzysztof