[llvm-dev] BoF: Debug info for optimized code.

Martin J. O'Riordan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 2 02:03:34 PDT 2016

Thanks Krzysztof, I hadn't noticed this.

The patch refers to the target providing an 'op_index' register, but this seems like something that can only be handled by an integrated assembler.  We use an external assembler and I am curious if there are new directives that we need to support for this?  At the moment our assembler is unable to accept '.loc' directives between each operation in a VLIW instruction, is this something that we need to implement to get this level of VLIW debug support?

Thanks,

	MartinO