[llvm-dev] RFC: General purpose type-safe formatting library

Zachary Turner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 1 05:39:03 PDT 2016

The big problem i see is that to get compile time checking without the UDL
we're going to have to do something like FORMAT_STRING("{0}") where this is
a macro. It just seems really gross. It is true that it is harder to find
the documentation, but that could be alleviated by putting all of this in
its own namespace like llvm::formatv, then one could search the namespace