[llvm-dev] AMDGPUPromoteAlloca assume 3-dims enabled?

Liu Xin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 31 00:43:32 PDT 2016

hi, list,

I found AMDGPUPromoteAlloca calculates newly ptr as follows:

  std::tie(TCntY, TCntZ) = getLocalSizeYZ(Builder);

  Value *TIdX = getWorkitemID(Builder, 0);

  Value *TIdY = getWorkitemID(Builder, 1);

  Value *TIdZ = getWorkitemID(Builder, 2);

  Value *Tmp0 = Builder.CreateMul(TCntY, TCntZ, "", true, true);

  Tmp0 = Builder.CreateMul(Tmp0, TIdX);

  Value *Tmp1 = Builder.CreateMul(TIdY, TCntZ, "", true, true);

  Value *TID = Builder.CreateAdd(Tmp0, Tmp1);

  TID = Builder.CreateAdd(TID, TIdZ);

it assumes that we enable 3 dims already?

actually, it's not the case for SI. SI only enable dim-x

for non-shader programs by default(SIMachinefunctionInfo.cpp) . does
it conflict?

thanks,

--lx