[llvm-dev] How to make -enable-misched the default?

Krzysztof Parzyszek via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 27 14:29:07 PDT 2016

Override this function in your subtarget info.

include/llvm/Target/TargetSubtargetInfo.h:

   /// \brief True if the subtarget should run MachineScheduler after
aggressive
   /// coalescing.
   ///
   /// This currently replaces the SelectionDAG scheduler with the
"source" order
   /// scheduler (though see below for an option to turn this off and
use the
   /// TargetLowering preference). It does not yet disable the postRA
scheduler.
   virtual bool enableMachineScheduler() const;

-Krzysztof

On 5/27/2016 3:54 PM, Phil Tomson via llvm-dev wrote:
> In order for our instruction itineraries to be considered by the
> instruction scheduler we seem to have to pass -enable-misched to llvm:
>
> clang -O3 -mllvm -enable-misched -c some.c .....
>
> If -enable-misched isn't included there it doesn't seem to take our
> instruction itineraries into account.
>
> What's the best way to make '-enable-misched' the default?
>
> Phil

hosted by The Linux Foundation