[llvm-dev] RFC: LNT/Test-suite support for custom metrics and test parameterization

Elena Lepilkina via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 26 07:08:48 PDT 2016

I understood your modules and I see as them can be used in LNT. But there are some question about old features.

1.       With Makefiles we can write pass and collect some statistics. There was an example of branch pass. Metrics can be collected by

@-$(LOPT) -load dcc888$(SHLIBEXT) -branch-counter -stats \ -time-passes -disable-output $< 2>>$@

in makefile. In report file we write how data should be parsed. Can we do same things now with cmake+lit?

2.       As I saw in LNT code there is no opportunity to compile but not execute tests. Some metrics cab be collected without execution, than run can be faster.

3.       Before each group of metrics has name. Now if we would like to integrate cmake with custom metrics in LNT, we should compare all metrics of each run to make sure if this is the same test-suite or not. And we should give some random names to each group.

These moments are unclear for us now. These question are connected with first described RFC where shouldn’t be some reports which are known before, but there should be flexible system when we don’t know what metrics user would loke to collect. I will be very grateful for your answers.

Thanks,
Elena.