[llvm-dev] Is the CppBackend still supported?

Stefan Gränitz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 24 12:44:45 PDT 2016

Am 23.05.2016 um 16:32 schrieb Renato Golin:
> On 23 May 2016 at 15:01, James Y Knight via llvm-dev
> <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>> There was, a long time ago, a backend that actually targetted C. It was
>> deleted in 2012 at r153307.
Thanks for the pointer!

> I think it'd be cool to have a back-end targeting C/C++
I stumbled over it when evaluating code generation approaches. Basically
I'm looking for more generic alternatives to printf and/or static
templates. Doing that based on clang's AST would be great, especially as
there's some tooling around already.

> but it'd have
> to be reasonably self-contained and updated to continue in tree.
Yap that's certainly a lot of work and it may not be realistic for me to
achieve that at all. At least I want to gain some insight.