[llvm-dev] Andersens analysis ?

John Criswell via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 23 09:21:45 PDT 2016

On 5/23/16 5:51 AM, Irini via llvm-dev wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was trying to find the equivalent analysis of Andersens on LLVM.
> I found it only on LLVM 2.6 on 'Analysis/IPA' folder.
> Is it removed/renamed on later versions? I'm mostly interested in 3.4
> version or later.

The Anderson's analysis has been removed.  If you want Anderson's
analysis, you'll need to use one of the points-to analysis passes
developed by Ben Hardekopf.

I believe newer versions of LLVM provide an alias analysis called
CFL-AA.  If you just need points-to analysis, you might try it out and
see how it works.

If you need a shape graph, you might need to use DSA located in the
poolalloc project (it has been updated to work, though perhaps not very
precisely, with LLVM 3.7).

Regards,

John Criswell

> Thank you in advance,
> --
> Irini

John Criswell
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science, University of Rochester
http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/criswell