[llvm-dev] A "Cross-Platform Runtime Library API" in LLVM IR

Lorenzo Laneve via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun May 22 10:31:03 PDT 2016

My idea is an API where anyone can build a Runtime Library for any backend, including a set of functions people can inline/rename creating functions the frontend can include in the IR.

For example implementing a cross-platform runtime function that allocates memory for a new object. (Obviously the library will have to be compiled for each target).

I read about compiler-rt but I think it has nothing to do with what I'm thinking about, maybe I'm wrong?

If something like this doesn't exist, maybe I can start a little project for LLVM about this